27 March 2008

the son's room(2001)


After the treatment, I don't feel well. But I'm calm. Besides, it depends on our attitude in relation to illness. You mustn't give in, Right?
They often say that... the patient's psychological attitude is fundamental in curing illness. Don't you agree with that?

No.
I don't agree.
Serious illness can be cured even if you're passive.
Even if you don't want to live.
But if it has to end badly, it'll end badly.
Even if the patient responds well and tries to fight back.
Even if the patient desperately wants to live.
That's what I think.



Here we are
Stuck by this river,
You and I
Underneath a sky that's ever falling down, down, down
Ever falling down.

Through the day
As if on an ocean
Waiting here,
Always failing to remember why we came, came, came:
I wonder why we came.

You talk to me
as if from a distance
And I reply
With impressions chosen from another time, time, time,
From another time.

No comments: